Tips on how to Prevent Termites Attack
Termites need two things in order to survive. The first is moisture (water availability) and food (wood products). In order to prevent termite attack we should always keep these two things in mind:
I. MINIMIZING MOISTURE (WATER) INSIDE AND WITHIN THE IMMEDIATE PERIMETER OF YOUR PROPERTY
- Make sure that your drainage system inside and outside your property is working properly.
- Avoid having watering system within the immediate perimeter of your property.
- Provide good ventilation in any sub-floor of your property.
- Immediately have water leaks (showers, toilets, lavatory, gutters, etc.) fixed.
II. MINIMIZING FOOD (WOOD) AVAILABILITY INSIDE AND WITHIN THE IMMEDIATE PERIMETER OF YOUR PROPERTY
- Clear all unused and waste wood around the property.
- Avoid having wood structure in direct contact with the ground or soil.
- Avoid placing wood mulch near house/building walls.
- Immediately remove dead or dying trees or plants.
ALWAYS HAVE YOUR PROPERTY REGULARLY MAINTAINED AND TREATED AGAINTS TERMITES
“an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure”
TIPS ON HOW TO AVOID DENGUE
- Avoiding mosquito bites (by using mosquito repellants or oil of lemon eucalyptus.
- Eliminating pockets of stagnant water that serves as mosquito breeding sites at home, workplaces and their vicinity.
- Avoid storing waters in open containers. Cover all water containers with lids.
- Preventing mosquito entry by keeping doors closed and windows screened.
- Wearing protective clothing like long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks and shoes when outdoors.
- Using mosquito nets at home.
- Scrubbing and cleaning margins of containers used for water (to dislodge the eggs of dengue mosquito)
- Covering overhead tank to prevent access to mosquitoes.
- Dengue mosquitoes (aides aegypti) usually bite during the day; therefore special precautions should be taken during early morning hours before day break and in the late afternoon before dark.
- PEST SOLUTIONS TEAM are professionally trained to exterminate dengue mosquitoes and its larvae – USE THIS SERVICE REGULARLY.
(THERE IS NO COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE DENGUE VACCINE)
SYMPTOMS OF DENGUE FEVER
- High-grade fever.
- Severe headache.
- Severe joint and muscle pain.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Skin rash – the rash may appear over most of the body 3 to 4 days after fever.
- Bleeding from the nose, gums or under the skin, causing purplish bruises.
“It is only after a flood that the saying ( prevention is better than cure ) is truly understood”