FUMIGATION (For Import and Export of Commodities)
What is Fumigation?
Fumigation is a method of pest control that completely fills an area with gaseous pesticides or fumigants to suffocate or poison the pests within. It is utilized for control of pests in soil, grain, and other produce, and is also used during processing of goods to be imported or exported to prevent transfer of exotic organisms.
ISPM 15 stands for International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures no. 15. This standard has been developed by the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) and requires treatment of wood that has a thickness greater than 6mm and is used to transport products between countries. Its purpose is to prevent international transport and spread of insects and diseases that may negatively affect plants or ecosystems.
ISPM 15 covers all wooden packaging materials (Pallets, dunnages, crates, etc.) and requires that they be debarked, heat treated or fumigated and stamped with a mark of compliance. Failure to comply could result to the exported/imported product to be sent back to the origin country resulting to huge financial losses.
Scope of Work
- Prepare the site and size of fumigation chamber.
- Determine required dosage of fumigant.
- Conduct fumigation chamber leak test.
- Apply fumigant and re-seal fumigation chamber.
- Provide or install warning signs and lockout fumigation site.
- Monitor gas readings/leaks and if necessary reapply fumigant to maintain lethal concentration.
- Complete required fumigation/incubation period.
- Aerate fumigation chamber.
- Collect and deactivate any unused fumigant.
- Dispose of any non-hazardous wastes.
- Clear area for re-entry.
Various Pest Control Services
Our company also offers a wide variety of pest control treatments for animals or insects that have become or can be nuisance to people like:
WOOD BORING INSECT/ POWDER POST BEETLE (BUK-BOK)
- Direct injection if insecticide solution in launch-holes of wood-boring insect. (buk-bok)
- Spraying of insecticide solution on immediate wood structures of infested area to prevent transfer of wood-boring insect. (buk-bok)
BED BUGS (SUROT)
- Identification of infested/affected areas or cushions.
- Vacuuming of affected areas or cushions.
- Should infestation persist after vacuuming, direct spraying of insecticide solution and or heat treatment shall be done on affected areas or cushions.
CAT/DOG FLEA/TICK (GARAPATA/KUTO)
- Direct spraying of insecticide solution inside and outside premises of infested house or building.
Note: We strongly recommend that infected pets or animals be treated by a professional veterinarian before proceeding with pest control service.
- MATRESS/PILLOW/SOFA (other types of cushion) SANITATION
- CONSTRUCTION, MINOR RENOVATIONS, & LANDSCAPING
- REALTY & BROKERAGE